The changes happening at DOWNTOWN CHURCH signal a new beginning at a time when we thought we would still be building a foundation.
Two years after chartering, this much is true:
- attendance at Sunday worship continues to grow
- More than 100 people participated in Groups this fall
- In 2016 35 people joined the church,
- 11 youth were confirmed into membership
- Dawn Hyde was elected to serve as our new Co-Pastor
The one thing that remains constant at DOWNTOWN CHURCH is change. Next year will not be different. It is going to be fun and we’re going to be remain faithful to the vision that got us here but we can’t do it without you.
With all of this growth comes responsibility. Even as we grow we must:
- remain accessible to people no matter where they are on their faith journey.
- keep asking simple questions like; Is this relevant? Is God up in this? Are we keeping it real?
- not forget that we were born in the wilderness.
With this growth also comes an expectation -- that we are all in this together. That we are making this leap together. Our worshiping community comes without strings or expectations. But to keep this thing going, a financial commitment is necessary. A financial commitment ensures that the coffee is brewing, the sermons are inspiring and our staff gets paid.
So, consider your part, and don’t wait to re-commit to your worshipping community by
- Putting a check in the Sunday bowl
- Using the website for a one-time or recurring gift through downtownchurch.me/give
- Transferring of stock with our brokerage account - contact Janie Quinn for instructions
- Sending us mail with a check in it - 1415 Blanding St. Suite 6, Columbia, SC 29201
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call (803) 730-3588 or send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).