People come to worship at DOWNTOWN CHURCH and after awhile, they frequently approach someone that looks like they know what they are doing to ask "How do I get plugged in?" In the past, we responded on a case by case basis. But over time a difficult math equation developed:
# of inquiries X # of new faces X # of plugs = blank stare
An easy and obvious first step
In order to respond with something more credible than "look at our website and see what interests you" we will offer our Discover Downtown experience as the 1st step for anyone that's interested in moving beyond attending worshipping regularly to sharing in the life of the church through acts of service, learning, and leadership.
Discover Downtown is...
- a meal hosted at the home of Amos and Sarah Disasa. Amos is the pastor and Sarah is his wife.
- a low-key affair where you will meet other people that are new to the church and ready to do more than attend Sunday worship.
- fun - you won't be asked to fill out a pledge card or walk over hot coals. It's not a rite of initiation and you won't get a sticker or a tattoo. However, you will laugh and hear the story of the church, how we got here, and where we are going.
- a small intimate gathering. The host is an introvert and get's anxious when too many strange people are in his house so attendance is capped at 20 (plus we have a small house).
How do I RSVP?
- register below for the next dinner on January 22nd at 7:00 p.m.
Please sign up individually so we have an accurate count of who is coming to dinner.
[gravityform id="67" name="Discover Downtown - January 22nd"]